Connected and Streamlined
SMART Solutions was designed specifically for ophthalmology, to seamlessly connect data systems, diagnostic devices, and surgical equipment, from the clinic to the OR. All to help practices operate with greater efficiency, flexibility, and accuracy1-5
Your Practice Working Smarter
Work More Efficiently1-5
SMARTCataract, Alcon’s first SMART Solutions application, automatically evaluates patient data and personalized surgeon preferences to make optimized recommendations that can help lead to better outcomes. The seamless transfer of patient data throughout the treatment process removes the need for redundant data entry.
Comprehensive Surgical Planning & Astigmatism Management
Robust Optimization & Outcomes-Based Reporting*
*When integrated with ORA SYSTEM® technology.
Prepare From Anywhere
SMART Solutions puts the information you need for pre-op planning securely in the cloud, so your files are easily accessible. With multi-user access, you and your team will have the freedom to create, review, and revise surgical plans from anywhere, anytime, without being tethered to a particular device or office.
Create & Access Surgical Plans Via Remote Planning
Get Next-level Accuracy†
Reduce manual transcription errors with automated, cloud-based data transfer, and leverage the industry’s most comprehensive image guidance platform to improve surgical accuracy.6,7
Automated Data Transfer Designed for Security
†Enabled with integrated Image Guidance by ALCON.
We designed the SMART Solutions platform to optimize your practice and grow along with it.
You’ll have the support your practice needs every step of the way.
Professional Eye Care Solutions
Our surgical portfolio delivers exceptional precision and control for cataract surgery.6,7
Choose from a variety of industry-leading intraocular lenses designed to fit your patients’ lifestyles.
Get the tools you need to go into surgery with safety and confidence.
Procedural Eye Drops
See our complete line of eye drops that set the stage for your procedures.
1. Alcon Data on File, 2020.
2. Blaylock JF, Hall B. Astigmatic results of a diffractive trifocal toric IOL following intraoperative aberrometry guidance. Clin Ophthalmol. 2020;14:4373-4378. doi:10.2147/OPTH.S285711
3. Cionni RJ, Dimalanta R, Breen M, Hamilton C. A large retrospective database analysis comparing outcomes of intraoperative aberrometry with conventional preoperative planning. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018;44(10):1230-1235. doi:10.1016/j.jcrs.2018.07.016
4. Van Vliet EJ, Bredenhoff E, Sermeus W, Kop LM, Sol JCA, Harten WH. Exploring the relation between process design and efficiency in high-volume cataract pathways from a lean thinking perspective. Int J Qual Health Care. 2011;23(1):83-93. doi:10.1093/intqhc/mzq071
5. Håkansson I, Lundström M, Stenevi U, Ehinger B. Data reliability and structure in the Swedish National Cataract Register. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2001;79(5):518-523. doi:10.1034/j.1600-0420.2001.790519.x
6. ARGOS® Biometer User Manual. 2019.
7. VERION® Reference Unit User Manual Part II. 2017.
8. Alcon. World class service centered on you. Clinical and technical services brochure. 2021.
9. Alcon Data on File, 2020.